Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
Welcome to the Special Educational Needs and Disability page. Our SEND Co-ordinator (SENDCo) here in school is Mrs Sears. Our SEND Governor is Mrs Stacey Painter. In the documents and policies below, you will see how we support those children who have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities, and their families.
Our school untook an audit of SEND from Blackburn with Darwen Local Authority and we regualrly seek feedback from our families.
- Interventions are well delivered, well-resourced and purposeful.
- IEPs (Individual Education Plans) clearly represent pupil voice and are regularly reviewed and shared with families.
- Adults are used effectively across school to meet individual and class need within the limitations of the budget.
- The knowledge and experience of the SENDCo is a strength. As is her knowledge of the children with SEND.
- “School have been brilliant, they’ve gone above and beyond…………He is happy, they get him. They want him to do well.”
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us on 01204 852932 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Blackburn with Darwen's local offer sets out a range of support and services available to you and your child. These can be accessed by clicking here.
Please see below for links to further information and policies relating to SEND